Tuesday 17 September 2013

How can genre aid you in relation to your brief?

BRIEF: The titles and opening of a new fiction film, to last two minutes.

Firstly, genre can aid me in relation to my brief, as genre is significant when making a title sequence. Genre is important when planning my fiction film as I must choose a genre to base my film on, such as horror or action. 
However, genre comes in many forms and can be mixed together. This form of genre is called: a hybrid. This means getting two genres such as romance and comedy, to form one hybrid genre: Rom-com.
 It is important that I understand genres and its different forms. This will them help me decide what to include and what to avoid when planning the title and opening of my fictional film. This means that genre aids me in relation to my brief as every film is based around a genre and set or codes of conventions. For example, a horror has a ominous dark setting. When I have chosen my specific genre type, I will have to follow the codes and conventions to make a professional looking title sequence. 

Overall, genre can aid me in relation to my brief, as it can help me understand the codes and conventions of a film.

No comments:

Post a Comment